Saturday, June 18, 2011

Spread the Message!


This summer I planned a Tract Contest with my 2 friends. We planned to see how many tracts we could give out the whole summer and whoever hands out the most gets the prizes that we put in. My goal was to give out 5 tracts because I'm kind of shy around strangers but guess what? I've passed that goal! Every week when my family goes to the grocery store, I try to hand at least one to the cash register person. All I say is, "This is for you.", smile when they take it, and say thank you. So far nobody has turned me down, but if someone does in the future, I'll just say thank you and maybe try to give them the tract another time. A better way to give out tracts is to ask them if you can give it to them, "May I please give this to you?" And then when they take it, you can summarize and explain the message. Make sure to read the tract before you hand it out so when they ask you what something means you can explain it! I hope you'll try handing out tracts this summer! Make it a contest if you have to. You can give out tracts anywhere; at the cash register/counter, library, at food sample booths, fellowships, parties, amusement parks, gasoline stations, rest areas, and other places. You can get tracts from your church or you can make one yourself. Just remember, Spread the Message!

No comments: