Friday, June 10, 2011

But...Everybody's Doing It!

Sometimes I ask these questions:
Why can't I go to the places they go to?
Why can't I wear clothes like that?
Why don't I attend those concerts like them?

But then I realize:
If someone was going to dive Niagara Falls or stand in front of a car that is moving 100 mph, would I do that too just because they're doing it? Of course not!

If your friends were drinking or smoking, would you do the same and risk your health? Those people are fools who are going to drag you down into sin and you shouldn't hang around them. You need to stand up for what is right. Some people are just scared of getting teased and persecuted for doing the right thing, so they just follow the bad example. But if you decline the offer, they'll realize that they're not the only people on earth who don't want to do that and they won't accept the offer either.

As Christians, we need to stand apart from the world, not in an "I want attention" way, but in a "I want to glorify God" way.

2 comments:

Annie N. said...

That is so true! Hey Abby! I'm a little behind today and I probably won't be on the computer till 10 a.m. I love what you're doing so far. Way to spread the gospel!

Annie N. said...

Abby! I've got a new blog! I'm not done with it yet, but John's REALLY wanting to play the computer write now. My fingers are flying over the keyboard. Anyway, keep up the pawsome work!