Friday, May 13, 2011

Blessings from the Lord this year



These are only some of the wonderful blessings God has given me this school year.

In the beginning of this year, I was so-so with my daily devotion but I kept making sure to read my Bible everyday throughout this year and with God's help I did most of the days. Also, in the beginning i complained and asked why we needed to go to chapel everyday. But as we went through the year listening to chapel messages, I grew and the most of the messages convicted my heart. I also learned that "People are dying and going to hell today" and that we need to make sure to shine our light to the darkened and not just hide it under a bushel forever.
I also received many awards this school year. I received straight A's, Discipline Award for no tallies, Nationals, and best of all, Citizenship Award.
I also learned many things including being content, humble, and persistent.
And I got my poems and stories published in our school newspaper, and my English teacher is wanting to buy my portfolio book for the school library for next year!
I also am more physically fit. My highest sit ups I got this year was 47 and I ran the mile inside and outdoors in the eight minutes.
I couldn't have done any of these without God. I am so thankful that He is always in control and that He takes care of me.

2 comments:

Annie N. said...

Hey Abby! I'm following your blog now! We can help each other come up with stuff to put on each other's blogs! Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

You are still being a blessing to me. Keep walking with the Lord.

Mr. F