Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Stand for Your Faith

Today we had to write Hebrews 10:11-25 from memory in Bible class.
I knew them very well but when I got up to verse 22, I missed a phrase and had to rewrite it and when I went on to verse 23, my brain totally froze.  (I just guessed in the end.)
You know, God uses everything to influence our way of life.
I will remember verse 23 for a long time because I missed it.
"Let us hold fast to the profession of our faith without wavering (for he is faithful that promised)."
God used that one brain freeze to tell me "You need to stand for your faith, Abby, not just for a little while, but forever without wavering, because I am faithful to you!"
That hard moment during the test also reminded me not just to trust on my memory skills but to trust in God because He gave me my memory.
I thought I would finish first because I usually do but God let my pride fall.
-Proverbs 16:18
"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
-Matthew 19:30
"But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first."

-Let us stand for our faith in God without wavering.

No comments: