Friday, August 26, 2011

Beautiful Hand Bells


I'm doing hand bells this year for my music class choice!
It is so fun! But, some songs like Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho are still hard for me.
I can't wait 'till we play the whole song perfectly in our concert.
Other than just learning how to play hand bells and reading and counting notes, I learned another thing from this class too.

We, humans, actually have a similarity with hand bells. We can either let God, who can read notes, play us into a beautiful song. Or, we can become Satan's instruments and be played roughly into an ear-piercing sound. If we let Satan play and use us, his dirty hands full of sin can leave some more sin (dirt & oil) in our lives and affect how we harmonize with God. Like hand bells that need to be cleaned from dust, we need to be cleaned from sin. God is the only one with towels that can cleanse us. We need to be polished and used by Him and not by Satan.

Use us, Oh Lord, to bring glory and honor to Your name.

1 comment:

Miss T said...

Thank you for sharing this, Abby. I was blessed and challenged by reading it. I love your analogy comparing us with bells that only God can clean! That's a powerful concept to think about.

Love,
Miss T