Sunday, September 18, 2011

Spending Time with Our Best Friend

John 15:14-15
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

To call someone your best friend, you have to spend time with them, right? You get to know their likes and dislikes after awhile. When you move to a different location that is far away from your friend, you need to keep in touch or else you'll lose your friendship and connection.

It's the same with the Lord. A good relationship with God involves walking with Him throughout each day. It's not just having your devotions or remembering to pray, even though those are important habits too. Having a relationship with God is walking continually in His presence. This means that we are always aware of His commands, His purpose for our lives, and our need for His wisdom. If we fellowship with godly people, their behavior and attitude will influence us. When we fellowship with Christ, we will become wise. But if we surround ourselves with Satan and unsaved people, we will be pulled into sin.

So is God your Best Friend? I know I want Him to be mine! I'm going to try my very best to have the greatest friendship I can with Him.

-some notes are taken from WISE UP, Wisdom In Proverbs Lesson 35 "Spending Time With God"

No comments: